Stub is in the umpires’s chair this week spinning the final playlist of Season 1, “The Old Man,” comprised of songs by bands to which Stub’s late dad introduced him. Kern takes on returning VERY SPECIAL GUEST: wine columnist and author Len Napolitano.
Some of the questions answered on today’s episode:
1) Is it a coincidence that song number 1 begins at 4:20 into into the show?
2) Who not only wrote one of today’s featured tracks, but also co-starred in Stub’s second-favorite Christmas movie (Christmas Comes To Willow Creek)?
3) Who’s the more desirable MILF: Stacy’s Mom or Sylvia’s Mother?
4) Which of today’s tunes does VERY SPECIAL GUEST Len Napolitano consider one of the worst songs EVER?
5) What’s the fine line between absolute, unexpressed devotion and stalking?
6) Why Should Stub be wrapped in swaddling clothes and hugged?
7) What is Kern’s favorite song by The Who?
8) Did Eagles love or hate Poco?
9) Should the Monastery Janitors be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?
10) Who’s dad knew Stevie Ray Vaughn?
11) What’s the difference between a whore and a bitch?
This week’s playlist:
The Pusher – Steppenwolf
Red House – Jimi Hendrix
Light My Fire – The Doors
Cry Baby – Janis Joplin
Baba O’Riley – The Who
Texas Flood – Stevie Ray Vaughan
Sylvia’s Mother – Dr. Hook
Somebody To Love – Jefferson Airplane
Take It To The Limit – Eagles
Remember: One Bourbon, One Chard, or One Beer is a drinking game with which you can play along with at home! Full details and rules available at www.onebourbononechard.com
If you find yourself liking, singing along to, or playing along with One Bourbon, One Chard, or One Beer: please, Please PLEASE rate and review us on iTunes, Stitcher, Soundcloud, or wherever you found our podcast. We really appreciate it, as it helps other musically-inclined lushes like you find our podcast and to build our community. If you rate and/or review the podcast, if Kern or Stub ever meet “accidentally” in a bar, you, we’ll buy you one bourbon, one chard, or one beer (our choice).
Also: PLEASE support the show by committing to our Patreon page:
Leave a Reply